Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!


Happy Father's Day!!  My hubby is away in Europe for the next couple of weeks for work so the girls made this sign for him and posted it on Facebook.  Technology is really a wonderful thing:) 


 I will admit to being a little resentful that he gets to see Brussels, London, and France and I am here taking care of the kids and a crazy dog.  This leaves me little time to create.  But thanks to my good friend Charlie Doyle at The Fair Publishing House http://fairpublishing.com/index.php here in Norwalk, I have something to really be excited about!


Fair Publishing supplies publishing needs for Fairs and all kinds of things.  He was able to scan one of my original background collages and create a blank 5 x 7 card.  I can now work on creating card making kits...


 The idea is that each kit will contain the blank 5 x 7 card and the person buying the kit gets to put the card together with the included words and ephemera.


Now all I have to do is get the kits put together.  I really need to learn to stay up late.  I could get so much more accomplished!  My biggest problem is that after I put the girls to bed around 9:00pm I'm usually pretty wiped out.  Sometimes coffee works but I don't like drinking that much caffeine so late at night.  Anyone got any suggestions??  I hope you all have a Blessed Father's Day.


3 comments:

Jenny Petricek said...

Congratulations, Cassie! What a wonderful opportunity! I can't wait to see more of your designs!

I've found that one of the best ways to stay awake late at night, without the use of caffeine :-) is to exercise later in the evening. After sweating and feeling the effects of endorphins, I'm on a natural high and feel compelled to stay up later and do more. I also find I'm more alert after exercise!

Leah said...

Ah, the age old question:
Do I stay up late or try to get up earlier the next day?
Yes, a husband in Europe and you home with kiddos and a dog states side is going to be a true test of your "in everything gives thanks, so the peace that passeth understanding will be yours"
Hope you pass the test, and good luck on the card kits. Very cool.
Cheers,
Leah

Suzanne said...

Wow! Congrats Cassie, what a great opportunity! And the cards look wonderful. Hope you found a way to start making the kits AND getting some sleep! :)