Monday, May 26, 2008

Yarn has a way of speaking to you when you hold it in your hands (if you are a knitter, crocheter, spinner or felter you will know what I mean! Fiber like Shetland screams I will keep you warm, baby Alpaca whispers let me cuddle with your little one and Cashmere coos about being soft and pretty on the skin.

Knit scarf burgundy
Originally uploaded by cshella
I love earth tone colors and softness. This yarn has both of those qualities! It is 45% silk and 55% cashmere. I knitted this small scarf based on a fish bone pattern for a much longer scarf. I just wanted something that would look decorative, not really keep me warm. As much as I would love to try a large intricate lace project I find that improvised shorter projects are the ones that I am most readily able to accomplish.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful and rich color! What great yarn, very luxurious!