Thursday, May 22, 2008


Three trees 2
Originally uploaded by cshella
I love these trees, they are black walnut and beautiful. This is looking east over the nearest field, there are actually two more fields beyond this one. When we are lucky, we get to see deer crossing this field over to the southern field next to it. There is a large swampy area in that field which is always full of water, the deer and other wildlife cross through the farm to get to it. I like to stand by these trees and just look out over the fields and ponder things. It tends to clear my mind of all of the clutter and I can actually feel myself breathing slower. My father-n-law planted these trees about ten years ago and they have grown exponentially since then. I look at them as a symbol of nature's tenacity.

No comments: