Monday, June 30, 2008

Lots of raspberries!!!


Raspberries
Originally uploaded by cshella
While Andrew was discovering the cherry trees, he also noticed that all of the wild raspberry bushes were bearing fruit this year. We had so little rain last year that we didn't even bother with these, we figured what little fruit was there should go to the birds. We have had plenty of rain so far this year though and there are more raspberries than we know what to do with. We picked enough to make muffins, and have some left over to snack on. Not quite enough to make jam, but there were plenty more not yet ripe. Hopefully, I can make wild raspberry jam the next time around!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

these raspberries look SOOOOO yummy! The picture reminds me of when I was little and used to pick raspberries at my grandma's house! (pretty sad that that was probably the last time I actually picked my own raspeberry! yikes!)
xo natalea