Friday, July 25, 2008

A bouquet on a coffee filter

Yes I have embroidered on a coffee filter. I have been experimenting with different ways of making hand painted backgrounds for my craft projects. I have tried brown paper bags, dryer sheets, and now coffee filters. Although I like the differen textures of all of them, my favorite for embroidery is the dryer sheet. The coffee filter looks nice and accepted paint really well but the dryer sheets are much more "cloth like". The coffee filter is more like stitching on paper. This was fun though and I will definately try it again. I don't mean to cut this short but I do need to go because as I write I currently have four young kittens trying to use my legs as a climbing wall! Have a great week!

2 comments:

Lilli in Vancouver said...

Embroidering on a coffee filter: my husband would love that idea! It's one of his favorite jokes that we crafting ladies will craft out of any material :)

You're really getting a lot done quickly!

Karin said...

wow, what a cool idea! how large is the finished piece?