Sunday, November 29, 2009

A New Camera...


My husband Andrew, gave me my birthday/anniversary/Christmas present this past weekend. A new camera, it is a Canon Rebel T1i and it's wonderful! I have a Canon Rebel G film camera that I have had for ten years. I also have four Promaster lenses that go with it. These lenses are compatible with my new Canon. This was taken using my Macro lens. This is part of our fire ring in the backyard. I love how rusty parts look under a Macro lens.



I love taking pictures with my Macro lens. Macro makes even simple things seem wonderful and almost surreal. This is part of a mixed media Christmas tree I made, but taken this way, it cold be anything I wanted it to be.


I'm going to be taking lots of pictures in the next few weeks. I have a lot to learn and figure out with this camera. I'm taking a free class offered by the camera shop in January. The class is going to be on using the camera. I did that when I got my Rebel G film camera (oh so many years ago!) and it was a great way to really get comfortable with the camera. I will be sure to post plenty of pictures!




5 comments:

Lisa @celebrate CREATIVITY said...

Congrats on your new camera. Great pictures too.

The Other Side of Me said...

Hi Cassie,

How exciting to get a new camera and to start experimenting! I look forward to your pictures to come!

Tammy

Michelle said...

How exciting- I'm happy for you (and a bit jealous, I must admit)!

Suzanne said...

Hi Cassie, your new camera takes beautiful pictures! What a nice husband! :)

Team D85 said...

This was a lovely bloog post