Friday, February 5, 2010

Wolf Moon...

There was a Wolf Moon this past week. Supposedly, this is the biggest and brightest the moon will be this winter. We had just a touch of hazy fog the night I took these pictures. It was very cold so the fog formed high in the sky. The moon though was so bright that it STILL lit up the whole sky! The only thing I was missing was snow; which we are getting plenty of as I write this! (We are suppose to have 6-8 inches by morning) Anyway, I could not resist taking a few pictures of this once a year event...

The whole sky looked magical, like a scene from The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe (one of my favorite books and a pretty good movie too). I didn't care that it was freezing outside. I really love moonlight, there is something so peaceful and calming about it. When I was a little girl, I would wake up in the middle of the night a lot and try to crawl into bed with my parents. (I got scared easily) Except when the moon was big and bright, the moonlight would pour into my bedroom window and make wonderful patterns on the floor and I wouldn't be scared anymore. Isn't it funny how the simplest things can make us feel so safe and secure.? It's been a very long week, I'm glad it's Friday. I have two flower cross stitch collages almost done for Fiona and Alexa (I've only been working on them since August!), I will post pictures this weekend. Blessings to all.

1 comment:

Grace said...

Beautiful. You are lucky the sky was clear - too cloudy here.