Monday, May 24, 2010

A papercloth bookmark challenge for myself...

I have been experimenting with a lot of paper cloth making lately. I find it to be an easy way to "play and experiment". I have made several bookmarks from this paper cloth. They are easy, quick, and allow me to create something useful that will add beauty to someone's life. Since they are simple, I am challenging myself to creating one a week for the next year. There, I did it, I finally published the challenge to myself that I have been thinking about for the last two months! Now I am committed...

My Aunt's death was hard, it forced me to really look at what is important to me right now in my life: My family, my health, and my passion to create beauty. I haven't figured out the whole balancing act yet, I may never quite figure it out, but I'm sure going to try. This challenge is one way for me to start truly creating every day. I feel better about myself, my family, and my life when I create and I know My Aunt Judy is smiling down on me...

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?" Luke 12: 25-26.