Monday, May 31, 2010

A bookmark in progress...

Honoring my Aunt Judy, I am trying really, really hard to be creative every day and to do what I love to do - create beauty. This is the current bookmark that I am working on for my bookmark challenge; to create one new bookmark every week. These are simple to make, and will force me to create a little bit out of my comfort zone as I have only about a 2 inch by 6 inch canvas to work with!

I am making my bookmarks out of paper cloth, so this is also allowing me the opportunity to create a new sheet of paper cloth every week as well. I am one day behind on that because of being up at the farm in Michigan this weekend. I will post pictures of the completed bookmark and the new piece of paper cloth on Friday.

I have done a lot of soul searching the last month and a half. The last several years have been all good, but a good many dreams and aspirations that I seek, have really been put on hold the last several years. I'm quite positive I am not the only mother to experience this, we do it all the time. I don't want to look back and be bitter and resentful because I never got to do what I dreamed of. The truth is, there is no reason I can't do what I dream of, it is just a matter of sometimes putting myself first. On that note, I wish everyone a Blessed, dream filled week!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

These are lovely. Glad you are taking time to create.