Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Collage to Lift the Spirits...

My mother's cousin(I call her Aunt Georgia) had heart surgery about three months ago. As with most heart patients, since the surgery, even though it was successful, the road to recovery can be long and trying...

Aunt Georgia is not only a very independent woman, but also the primary caregiver for her husband who has Parkinson's Disease. She has been feeling very down lately, and I wanted to do something for her that would lift her spirits a bit. She is a devout Catholic and her faith is stronger than anyone I know. Whenever I have needed extra prayers for something, I have always given her a call and asked her to pray for me. I joke a lot of times that she has a personal phone line to God, but I actually believe it...

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?" Luke 12:25-26. I know this will make her feel a bit better. I'm finishing it up tonight, I will post the completed pictures before I send it to her. I'm also going to start a new piece of paper cloth tonight, I will post some of those pictures as well... Have a Blessed week!

No comments: