Thursday, July 8, 2010

This is some embroidery of a set of pears. They are embroidered on a painted dryer sheet than cut out and sewed to a piece of coffee stained muslin. I let the edges of the muslin fray and then stamped them with a little bit of color to complement the pears. I am in the process of making a paper cloth bag, the pears will eventually be attached to the bag...

This is a partially completed embroidered hydrangea, also on a painted dryer sheet. I have also added some beads for embellishments. I'm not completely sure what I'm going to do with it when it is complete. Over the winter, I had been experimenting with dying some quilt batting (there was a tutorial in the winter '10 issue, I believe, of Quilting Arts magazine, by Judy Coats Perez- easy and fun), and some muslin. l. I would like to try to do something using the hydrangea, the batting and the mulin, but I'm just not quite sure what, suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I get a lot of my color inspiration from the art work my girls complete. Without even giving it a thought, they can paint something and the colors are just beautiful...

There is no real process to their creativity, they don't think about what colors would look best grouped together etc, they just create with pure abandonment...

Think of how wonderful and beautiful the whole world would be if we all colored like we were five again! I hope everyone has a wonderfully colorful week (and cool for those of us still feeling the affects of a major heat wave).

No comments: