Thursday, September 2, 2010

A Collage for Baby...

My friend Amy had a baby girl, Julia, earlier this summer. She lives in New York so I didn't get to see her until last weekend when she and Julia were in town visiting with family. Julia's room has an "under the sea" theme...


I wanted to make her something that she could use for Julia's room, but I also wanted the gift to be able to grow with her. I wanted it to be something that she could look at forever...

I've been trying to look at everything with new eyes lately. I'm trying to see the beauty and wonder in all of the plain everyday things that we take for granted. I wanted to let Julia know that as she grows she must remember to look around at all the wonder in the world; the sunrise, the dew on the morning grass, the dog curled up on his favorite chair...

If we all took a little time to see the wonder in our own lives, we would be a lot happier and a lot more grateful for everything that we have. Even during tight financial times we should be thankful. I'm trying to be more thankful...

I hope everyone has a truly Blessed holiday weekend. The leaves have just started to change colors here - a couple more chilly nights like tonight and the oranges and reds will soon be popping out!

3 comments:

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

What beautiful colors! I really like how there are just so many shades of blue blended in here.

softearthart said...

Oh it is so lovely, you are clever, cheers Marie

Fickle Cattle said...

Lovely. I like the seahorse on the corner and the blending of the different shades of blue.

http://ficklecattle.blogspot.com/