Saturday, October 2, 2010

Keeping very busy...

I've been keeping very busy lately with Christmas Ornaments and Halloween stuff. But I have found the time to create a collage that popped into my brain one afternoon when I was watching my daughter Alexa play dress up. A few weeks ago I was at a flea market and picked up a few charms. One of them was a turtle that Fiona wanted to make into a necklace, and another one was an ice cream soda that Alexa decided she wanted to wear...

She was so excited about that little charm that she wore it every day for a week. It inspired me to make a collage around the theme of an ice cream soda. We get so caught up in "important adult" stuff sometimes that we forget to see things like our children do. She was the happiest kid in the world because of a one dollar charm!

Here is a peek at the first two layers; paint as a base, then a layer of tissue paper, wrapping paper, old book paper, and old music paper. Next comes a couple more layers of paint, then some stamping or writing, then some inks. Once the layers are finished I can add the embroidery and embelishments. Take some time this week to look at things the way a four year old looks at them!



No comments: