Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Giada's Collage

My sister has been after me for a long time to make her a collage using a picture of my niece, Giada...


Well I finally made one for her and gave it to her this past weekend at Giada's third birthday party...


The poem was written by my sister a few days after Giada was born. I thought it appropriate to include it in the collage. My sister has written poetry since we were in junior high. I keep telling her to start a poetry blog; but she keeps coming up with excuses not to. (I write this as I am shaking my head.)



I'm hoping she will see her poem here posted on my blog and that will motivate her to start her own:) I hope everyone is enjoying the week, my girls are on spring break right now, unfortunately, it's been cold and rainy. But we have managed to make Easter cut out cookies, and are working on dying eggs later in the week. Thursday - we are taking a trip to the Cleveland Museum of Art - we can't wait! Blessings.







4 comments:

Jenny Petricek said...

Such an adorable piece! The stitched flowers, embellished with sequins and buttons, are so cute! They capture perfectly the joy of being a little girl!

Jenny Petricek said...

Cassie, thanks so much for commenting on "Chaos"! I'm so glad to know there are others out there who understand what I'm dealing with in my current job! It can be very draining, esp. if you have no way of venting! I really don't like the way I look in the photo...the fatigue is really obvious in my eyes...but as soon as I saw how it turned out, I knew it said more than all the words of the text underneath, combined!:-)

Paula Guhin said...

Hey, Cassie,
Hope you get a chocolate bunny for Easter! And have a great Good Friday, too!
mixedmediamanic

Unknown said...

Just lovely. The quotes and the artwork!!