Monday, May 2, 2011

Doodling, doodling, doodling...

I have a 5 x 7 Moleskin journal that I have had for quite awhile. I also have a new set of Sharpie markers...



I had to do some doodling. This may sound really easy to a lot of people, but it's hard for me. I'm very critical of my drawing and tend to get stuck in that "blank page" syndrome...


Fortunately, I have a Facebook friend who is a wonderful illustrator and posts pictures of her doodling all the time. I find it VERY inpiring.


I don't know why I am so intimidated about drawing, but I am. The other burst of inspiration for me to start doodling was a school bag that my sister bought for Fiona for her birthday. It's a messenger bag with a big front flap. The flap is printed with all kinds of flowers, hearts, and doodles and she got to color it in. It was a lot of fun to help her!



I hope everyone enjoys their first week in May:) It is still very cloudy and rainy here in Ohio but I am not giving up hope that the sun will eventually come out to stay. Blessings.









3 comments:

Jenny Petricek said...

Hi Cassie! I was so excited to see your comment on my blog last week! Thanks for the advice on the "sandy toes" pic! I did include it in the interior of the Florida travel journal...I plan to upload some pics of different pages within the next couple days, and am thinking about submitting it for possible publication at some point.

Love your doodling on these journal pages! My whole life I never believed I could do any kind of drawing...and to this day, I very rarely feel comfortable with including my own drawings/doodles in my artwork! These pages inspire me to play around a bit and try to include more of my own doodles into my art journal pages!

Katie said...

I like your doodles,Cassie! Be free! Doodle on,girl! :0)

Anonymous said...

So pretty! Can't believe those were done with some old fashioned sharpies. I am hopelessly un-artistic when it is comes to drawing. But, sometimes, just for the heck of it, I will sit down along side the girls and color with them. It is a really freeing feeling, isn't it? I think anything that makes you feel like a kid again should be done as often as one can, and with gusto, and that definitely includes doodling with sharpies.