Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A Sweet Little Thank You Gift


"Thy infinite gifts come to me only on those very small hands of mine. Ages pass, and still thou pourest, and still there is room to fill." Rabindranath Tagore, Gitanjali

In his book "The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success" Deepak Chaopra states "The second spiritual law of success, the Law of Giving and Receiving, is based on the fact that everything in the universe operates through dynamic exchange. Every relationship is one of give and take because giving and receiving are different aspects of the flow of energy in the universe... We must give and receive in order to keep anything we want, circulating in our lives." This says so much to me that I had to share it with you. I love making things and then giving them away as gifts. It makes me feel good. I also feel strongly that it promotes good Karma. I believe that you receive in life what you give and I really try to live by that.

The secretary at my daughter's preschool brought in her doll cake mold and allowed me to borrow it for her birthday party. I thought this was very generous considering that she really doesn't know me that well. When I returned the cake mold to her yesterday I also included a small thank you gift. Just a small embellished jam jar with some candy in it. I just wanted her to know how much I appreciated her thoughtfulness. I think if everyone tried to do nice things for people they know the world would be a much better place. Our relationships say so much about the type of people that we are that I think not to do these things is truly a detriment. So enjoy your day and give a gift to someone today. It could be as simple as a small handwritten note to your mail person telling him or her thank you for delivering the mail, nothing big, but it will make a big difference in how the rest of their day and yours go. Take Care, Cassie

2 comments:

Sandra Evertson said...

Well, Welcome to Blogland!
I'll be back to visit you!
Sandra Evertson

Guendalina said...

I love the jar you made!!!
You are right, giving is one of the most beautiful things we can do. Generosity is a gift and with one small gesture people can remember you forever, you can actually change their lives. We should never underestimate the power of giving.
Have a great day!