Thursday, October 23, 2008

Sweet Birthday Goodies...



Alexa's third birthday was this past Saturday. The little diva that she is, she wanted a birthday cake with lots of "sparkles". She wanted a Barbie princess cake. I did not get a picture of the whole cake (to wrapped up in playing host to take a picture!), but I did get this shot of all of the sparkles. There was also a tiera on this cake that was topped off with three pink sparkly cupcakes. My father was taking all kinds of pictures, if he has one of the whole cake I will be sure to post it. The marshmellow skewers were something different. I usually make cookie lollipops but I saw these on Kristen's blog at graceviolet.blogspot.com. They just looked too good to pass up and they were so easy to make! The kids loved them and I think they actually had less sugar in them than the cookie lollipops. I don't claim to be a cake decorator by far, but my girls always seem to love their birthday cakes and I have a lot of fun making them. I will keep making them until they tell me to stop! I hope everyone has a great week.

3 comments:

gunnelsvensson said...

You are so good at bake cake! This is beautiful! I am sure your girl loved it !? Tahnk you so very much for your very kind comment on my blog ! Now is my work in Ohio! If you want to see them?!

Deb said...

Sending Happy Birthday greetings to your little Alexa. The marshmellow skewers are adorable!

Suzanne said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Alexa. What a sweet mom you are to make her day with so many sparklies! Everything looks so yummy...and those marshmallow skewers look great! They remind me of peeps, a favorite at our house.