Monday, July 26, 2010

Some Embroidered Fairy Embellishment...

My girls are very into fairies this summer. No matter where we go, or what we do, somehow, the talk of fairies, and fairy magic end up in our conversations. We talk about if the fairies are at Grandma and Papa's camper, if the butterflies at the property are really fairies fluttering around, if the fairies help the green beans in the garden to grow...

With all of this talk about fairies, I couldn't help but to get into the fairy mood myself. I took a picture of the girls in June at a Fairy Festival we had attended that turned out very cute. The timing was just right and they look like a couple of fairies themselves getting ready to get into trouble. (The thing about photography and children is a good picture happens when you are in the right place at the right time - there is no special trick to it!)...

Here are my mischievous fairies trying to look like they are behaving! I printed the photo on a piece of white cotton muslin. Once the ink was set I soaked the whole thing in some left over coffee. I then embroidered the flowers and the border. I think next I 'm going to collage it to a canvas board. I'll post pictures of the completed collage soon...

2 comments:

softearthart said...

Hi Cassie, you are the lucky winner of my "Snow White and the Seven dwarfs" needle felted picture, congratulations. send me an email and leave me your address. softearth@clear.net.nz cheers Marie

Heather said...

this is so cute! what a great way to combine embroidery and cherished photos!~