Monday, August 2, 2010

Shades of Turquoise...


The inpiration project for Alisa Burke's online color class this week was to use one color, or a monochromatic color scheme. We could use several different shades of the same color but still only one color. I really enjoyed this little project! I got my inspiration from a "Wonder Pets" episode the girls were watching. The Wonder Pets had to save a dolphin caught in a fishing net. The colors used for the ocean floor were fantastic, so I drew this little sea horse on a piece of painted dryer sheet and stitched him up all in turquoise. I also took the opportunity to look through my photos to see if I could find other monochromatic color schemes...

This plant is different shades of magenta (some of you may think red- but I think more magenta)...

This is a Hydrangea that is different shades of purple. It appears that Mother Nature does this monochromatic thing very well, without even trying very hard...

Of course there is no arguing that this is definitely shades of orange. This little Zinnia was just screaming "take a picture of me" at the time I took this photo. Thought for the week; where do you see monochromatic color schemes?

No comments: