Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Little Bit of Spring...

Maybe spring is almost here. We have a little wren that has taken up year round residence in the bird box on our front porch. It's been so cold that I haven't seen her (or him) in a couple of weeks. This morning, she was perched out there looking all fluffed up but she appeared to be enjoying the 33 degree weather (balmy compared to the 12 degree high of a few days ago!).

She took off when I started to get a little too intrusive for her comfort. What a busy couple of weeks around here; the snow days and really cold weather have thrown everything off, incuding myself. Hopefully this week will be back to normal, I have a couple of projects almost complete. I also received this past week "Art At The Speed Of Light" by Pam Carriker and boy do I LOVE it! I'll tell you all about it soon, for now stay warm:)


4 comments:

Tammy Gilley said...

so sweet!

Nadia said...

I have lots of birds that have been hanging around my bird bath this winter. I think I will do a post on why they are here.

By the way, are you sure it is a wren? It looks a bit like a sparrow to me. But I have not really seen it.

Anonymous said...

Seems like just about everyone is in a winter-y mood.
February is always a hard month.
Its the little things that perk us up though, just like your little bird!
Very sweet.
My sisters just took me out to a swanky, jazzy wine bar for my birthday tonite...just what this lady needed, let me tell you.

Stay warm,
Take vitamin C,
Sit with the sun on your face.
Chat with you soon

Leah

Del said...

You need to correct your bird identification. Garden Girl is right - the bird you show is a house sparrow, not a wren.