Sunday, February 27, 2011

Treasured Times...

I took this picture of my girls and my niece last summer. This winter has been so long and cold that I had to embroider it and create something that screamed spring.

I used a lot of pinks and purples because those are the girl's favorite colors. I painted a blank canvas with some gesso and gold and then mixed in a little antiquing color. Then I layered it with school papers from the girls. I also used some tissue paper and some old book paper...


Then I just went ahead and played and embellished! Alexa and Fiona even helped out on this one. Letting me know where they thought buttons and sequins should go...

Hope you enjoyed this little bit of spring on a cold wintery day.




2 comments:

Artist Cridhe said...

The colors are so bright and playful-the perfect way to describe three little girls at play. :)

Leah said...

Hey there,
I have not stopped by in a while...our PC crashed, sickness...weekend trip followed by more sickness, but enough about me...love your picture and of course your embroidery work. It is very spring-y. I am close to finishing my first project.
I have to admit it is not coming easily...I am just not "fluid" at the stitches, you know what I mean.
How long did it take you to get to the point where your stitches didn't look like the work of a 7 year old?
Anyway, I hope you are thawing out, and staying healthy...spring is 8 days away!