Monday, March 7, 2011

My life long facination with paper dolls...

I have loved paper dolls for as long as I can remember. I loved them as a child and to this day I get giddy with excitement when I pull my old ones out...


Now that the girls are a little bit older, I will let them play with "mommy's paperdolls". These reproduction Dolly Dingle Paper Dolls are my favorite...

Dolly Dingle made her initial appearance in 1913. She was created by Grace Drayton, the artist responsible for the famous Campbell Soup Kids. The paper dolls I have are reproductions from the series that came out in 1913 and from the around the world series that came out in 1917.


I think it is time that I scan them into my computer so I can use them in some creations. Have a Blessed week:)





4 comments:

sjmcdowell said...

Oh I get giddy too for Paper Dolls!! Ever since I was a little girl I have loved them and still do!!
My mom was born in 1920 and for her 91'st Birthday in February I found a lady on Etsy who made paper dolls after the original Patsy Doll that came out when my Mom was a little girl. I gave her the Patsy paper dolls for her birthdday...she was so excited!!
See even at 91 you can LOVE paperdolls!

Thank you for sharing this cute post with us!! I wonder if my Mom had these paper dolls in her shoe box that you mention here. I will have to ask her!

Big paper doll hugs to ya!!

Susan

Jacqueline Roy said...

Me too I have always loved paper dolls and when I was a child I would play with them for hours. I wish I still had those paper dolls. I do have the more modern ones that I keep just because they are pretty but the ones I had as a child would be nice. Oh well! Jacqueline

Grace said...

Me too! My daughter too. She makes tons of outfits for hers. We so enjoy them.

Great post!

Suzanne said...

It must be a "girl" thing.....I love them too! Love your collection....I bet your girls will love playing with them too.:)