Sunday, May 15, 2011

Paper Beads...

In her book "Stitch Alchemy" Kelli Nina Perkins gives a tutorial on paper beads. I've had the book for three years and I still love it. I finally gave this a try...









They were so easy and fun to make! I used magazine pages; a few from a Stampington magazine I had - I normally don't like to tear those up but the colors were so great. Then I just added a little bit of a paint wash to them and of course a little bit of glitter...









I collaged some tiny words on them as well. I'm going to call them my "affirmation beads". I hope everyone has, once again, a dry week! We had a few nice days last week and over the weekend but as of today we are back to lots of rain and highs only into the low fifties all week.













2 comments:

Jenny Petricek said...

Hi Cassie! Thanks for the compliments about the cards-in-progress on my blog, as well as for the organizational advice! We crafters are always in need of tips to keep our stash straight!:-) I'm very impressed with the affirmation beads...these would make unique, fun necklaces or bracelets! Can't wait to see the creative ways you use them!

Anonymous said...

You are not the first person who has mentioned that book.
I love those beads!
Why can't I make the time to sit down and try cool things like that?
I think they are pretty Etsy-worthy!!
Cheers