Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Enjoying the last week of summer.

The girls and I visited the Ohio Outdoor Quilt Festival last weekend. What a beautiful experience! The event is held every year at Bonnie Brae Farms in Wellington, Ohio. They are a registered Elk farm. Hundreds of quilts are displayed outdoors on the sides of the farm's outbuildings. I will have more pictures to post on Friday. In the mean time, I thought I would give you a sneak peek at some of the frames I am making for my friend...





Lots of layering, painting, inking and stamping...







And even a little bit of water color pencil...





Lots of texturing, and stenciling...





And even some homemade paper hearts! I hope everyone enjoys this last week of summer:) At least it's the last week of summer here in northeast Ohio - most of the schools in this area start next week. Enjoy.














3 comments:

rosecreekcottage-carol.blogspot.com said...

Cassie...looks like it was a beautiful show. Those red-and-white quilts really 'speak' to me! xoxox

The Other Side of Me said...

Hi Cassie, The quilt festival looks like it was a beautiful event. Can't wait to see more of it. The reds on the side of that building look fab.
Squeeze the last bit of Summer out. Our kids started back almost 2 weeks ago down here in the south.
Tammy

Suzanne said...

What a fun way to finish the summer...I love the quilts in that photo! Looks like a fun festival...lots of inspiration!

We start school next week, and I'm really ready for a routine!

Cute sneak peek of the frames, btw.