Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Committing to an Art/Craft Show...


Well I have finally made a commitment.  A friend of mine asked if I would sell my picture frames at a craft show/fundraiser that her daughter's school is hosting.  I took the plunge and signed a vendor agreement form.  Now I just have to start making lots of frames by November 19th...  


I have three frames completed - looks like I have my work cut out for me!  I am still not as familiar with copyright laws as I would like to be, so for this show I am sticking to biblical quotes and my own verses. (Not sure but would quoting someone like Henry David Thoreau violate copyright law?)


It is very wet and rainy here in Ohio this week, so it's a good time for me to just kind of hibernate at home and start creating.  I just have to remember to keep a balance and I'll be okay.  How do all of you creative types keep balance in your lives?

5 comments:

Nadia said...

They are beautiful! Im so glad that you are doing this! Im sure that you will sell a ton of them! :D :D :D

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the craft show...those things are always so unpredictable. It all depends on how many people come out to the fair, you know? And I hope your etsy store gets underway without too much stress, I know you have been working hard at it. This is a favorite time of year for me. Apple picking, searching for white pumpkins (hard to find, but look so cool in my garden and porch) making home made cider, and finally getting my sewing room paired down, cleaned out, to start some cooler weather projects are all on my agenda this coming month.
Hope you're having fun with all your creations, and concentrate on the pleasure of the process.
Cheers,
Leah

Jenny Petricek said...

Hello friend! These frames are awesome...I'm so excited for you, and thrilled that you've taken advantage of this opportunity, as well as setting up an Etsy store! I wish I could be there with you in Ohio on the date of the event!

Ahh, balance...I can relate to your feelings. Now that I'm working full-time again, it's completely consuming me. I need to find a better balance, to give myself the permission to devote time and energy to my art, instead of always putting it off in favor of something work-related I feel I "should" be doing instead. Hopefully this will become easier as time goes on...

Thanks so much for your ongoing support and kind words! Seeing them has meant so much to me. I'm so fortunate to have you as my friend!

Katie said...

I love these frames. How exciting to do a craft show. It inspires me too! (I'm actually kicking around the idea of an etsy shop...hmmm)

Suzanne said...

How fun...and congratulations! :) Your beautiful frames will be a hit at the craft show!
Looking forward to seeing your Etsy shop too!