Saturday, August 23, 2008

An embroidered gift for my mom...


Camp MJ full view
Originally uploaded by cshella
My parents have a big camper (the kind with a seperate bedroom!) that they house permanently at a campground in Homerville Ohio. It's just on the edge of Amish Country and is about thirty five minutes from my house. I designed and embroidered this little wine glass and bottle for her to put in the camper. The embroidery itself looks a little more primitive than I had intended (I am not an illustrator or a painter so this design stuff is all so very new to me.) but my mother actually liked it that way. So it all worked out in the end. I used beads for the grapes, as I still have no patience for French knots and I added a bead for the wine glass charm. Other than that I kept this very simple and I hope everyone likes it!

No comments: