Friday, June 10, 2011

Photographic Friday...

With Andrew being out of town I have not gotten as much creating finished as I would have liked. I have however, had the opportunity to play with my watercolor pencils. They are very fun - I created this little flower grouping for a mason jar lid. I filled the jar with some home made granola and gave it to my cousin as a gift.









Summer has finally arrived! Around here that means hot humid days where we spend a lot of time outside. The girls love to be out in nature exploring all that it has to offer.





Summer also means that it is ballet recital time. They have worked hard all year to put on their best performances. Hope you are having a wonderful summer too!









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have not been "in" for awhile.
Tim is away for 2 days and one night, and I am starting to feel that "oh my gosh this is hard" feeling. I can just imagine how 2 weeks must feel. I love the ballerina legs and shoes pic the best! That has mixed-media potential all over it. We did ballet for a few years, but Sophie just didn't really care, and I was too busy to take her to those classes unless she loved it. Your embroidery with photos art pieces always leave me with admiration and a pang of wistfulness, thinking that one day when the planets and seasons align I will give another go at embroidery. I just finished a mixed media photo banner, myself. Blog update should follow soon, its been a while since I have done that. I really enjoyed it.
Hope you keep your sanity being a single Mama, and have a fun reunion with your hubby.
Cheers

Jenny Petricek said...

Cassie, I just love the photo of the little girls strolling down the sidewalk, unaware they're being captured on film! It reminds me of my best friend and me, and how as five-year-olds we walked up and down our street, hand in hand, hair up in matching ponytails and pigtails. As 32-year-olds, we are still the best of friends, and nowadays we chuckle as we watch our kids play together in the same way we did, all those years ago!