Friday, June 17, 2011

Photographic Friday...


My sister lives about a half hour drive from me, and she lives across the street from Lake Erie. The girls and I spent an evening with her and my neice one night last week...


The sand was warm, the lake was calm, and many people were out enjoying the end of the day. It was a perfect picture taking opportunity...



We all enjoyed splashing on the shore looking for beach glass. Not much glass was found so we headed up to the rose garden...



Lakeview Beach has a long history; about five years ago the Lorain County Metro Parks took it over and started massive renovations. One of those renovations included the saving of an English rose garden that had been around since 1936. The garden encompasses about two acres and hundreds of varieties of heirloom roses, all carefully tended to by dedicated volunteers. It's a beautiful place.



Finally - I have actually been creating these last couple of weeks. I have a cousin in the hospital in Cleveland so we have been back and fourth a lot recently. Here is a peek at something I am almost finished with. I am very excited about it and will post pictures of the completed project tomorrow. Have a Blessed weekend!

No comments: