Thursday, July 28, 2011

Needing more time in my day...

Fiona had her friend Rachel over to play - the girls took off as soon as Rachel stepped through the door. This gave me some extra time to finish the embroidered collage I've been working on all summer...



My girls, Fiona 7 and Alexa 5, are my universe. There are times when I look at them and I think "how did life exist before them?" This collage is my little tribute to them. Along with my niece Giada.



Now that school will be starting soon (less than four weeks!) my life will have a rythm and a routine again. I'm looking forward to having some uninterrupted time to clean the house and create art. I'm going to be very busy creating in August as I have a high school friend who has commissioned me to make her six collaged photo frames. I am flattered and gracious all at the same time. I will be posting pictures of the frames as I complete them. I really hope everyone's summer is going well, I know I am looking forward to the cooler wheather of fall:)





3 comments:

Heather said...

Oh, this is so sweet! What a lovely tribute to your girls. I know, I've only had my girl for 4 years and we think 'what on earth did we do before she was here to be the center of everything?" hehe.
So glad you and your girls are loving the Ma Ingalls blog :D it's lots of fun!~

Anonymous said...

What a lovely bunch! You done good, Mom.
Paula G

Sandy said...

Lovely piece. Summer(if that's what we had in the NW) has flown. Thanks for commenting on my blog.